Finding a low voltage contractor for a security camera installation can be a daunting task. This article provides guidance that will aid you in making that choice. instalação de câmeras de segurança
When looking for a low voltage contractor to design and install a Security Camera System for your home or business there are a number of very important questions that must be answered.
Some of the key questions are:
- What type of cameras should I use?
- How should I connect cameras to video management systems?
- What type of video management system should I use?
- What type of storage should I use?
To name just a few….
A good Security Camera Installer is going to take the time to answer each question thoroughly for you. You will need to have a solid understanding of what you will be able to see and do with your system as well as what you will not be able to do. You should not expect that you will be able to do things like you see on CSI on TV. You probably will not be able to zoom in 100 times and still have crystal clear resolution. That just isn’t real.
What else should you ask?
Some other key questions that you may want to ask would be:
- Are you licensed, bonded and insured?
- Can you provide written proof if needed?
- How many of these types of installations have you done before?
- Do you have references from previous customers that can be called?
- Can you provide pictures of cabling, mounting and camera placement that you have previously done?
- What certifications do you have or awards have you won?
- What type of warranty do you provide?
Note: Ask their customers how well they were educated and trained on the system!
One key factor when considering hiring a low voltage contractor-Security Camera Installer is how well they can explain the technology to you. Your understanding of the system is going to be very important in order for you to get the most out of it. If it looks like they are not willing to take the time to educate and train you then you may want to consider finding someone else.